Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Banishing the Baby Belly Round 2: Week 5

This week, the scale gave me a Valentine's Day present - it told me I'm down a pound. Which, considering the amount of food I consumed last weekend, I'm calling a major victory.

Generally speaking, I had a pretty good week (after the weekend, that is). I only ate one meal of junk food (sometimes, a craving for Penn Station can not be denied). And before indulging, I checked Calorie King  for a healthy (okay, healthier) option. So, I think I can pat myself on the back for that one.

As a side note, have I mentioned how much I love my iPod Touch? That little doodad has an app for everything - calorie counting, nutrition values, you name it. The only thing better would be an iPhone, but until Verizon has one, my iPod will have to do.

Anywho, now that I'm making progress with the food thing, it's time to get serious about exercise. So, as I mentioned on Wednesday, I signed up for a 5K. If that doesn't get me motivated, nothing will. Well that, and the knowledge that I've got a beach vacation scheduled. I'd like to be able to rock something like this:

 

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

6 comments:

  1. Well done! Kudos on signing up for the 5k. You can do it! You will do it or I'll stand on the sidelines and laugh at you. You know I'm kidding, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never be able to rock something like that. Because when the numbers on the scale go down, so do the numbers on the bra size!! :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss and signing up for the 5k! I've been waging the same battle and Super Bowl Sunday did not help the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even want to go on ths scale. You know why? Snow storms have this weird side effect... they make me eat everything in the house. And in the past week, we've had two snow storms.

    And I have not run ALL week.

    Sigh.

    But you did FANTASTIC! And... where's the vacation???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning a trip back to Florida at the end of March and the bathing suit appearance is on my mind. *sigh* It has motivated an extra work out or two...

    ReplyDelete

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!