Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kicking the Couch to the Curb...Again.

Remember how I used to talk endlessly about banishing the baby belly? Don't worry if you don't, because it was never actually banished (and therefore, I'm not going to link you to the posts).

However, it did diminish in size—which is an accomplishment in and of itself, since I've spent most of the last four months feeling as if an alien was slowly eating its way through my insides (feel free to golf clap). But now? Now it's time to finish what I started.

That's why I did day one of the Couch to 5K program today...for the third time. But you know what they say about third times and charms and stuff. I'm hoping it's true.

I even took Tori with me in the jogging stroller I bought way back in September.

And you know what? That thing is heavy. Especially when you're jogging uphill, holding your surprisingly large pants up with one hand. By the halfway point, I was considering parking her under a tree and coming back for her after I finished my run.

I didn't, of course. But I did do the whole workout. Day one of week one is complete. Hopefully, nine weeks from now, I'll be gloating that I just finished a 5K without breaking a sweat...jogging stroller or no jogging stroller.

Anybody want to take bets on that?

8 comments:

  1. Maybe me and my jogging stroller will do this with you, I will start Monday. I need motivator, you in? Can you e-mail me the couch to 5k schedule? I think there is an iPhone app too...I could just pick that up.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you said you were going to park her by the tree and come back for her....ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I KNOW IT! I thought it was because mine was 6 yrs old. HAHA! I tried that couch to 5K twice. I need to start again - tomorrow....... LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed the whole make sure your email is unblocked thing-I don't know if mine is or how to do that.
    Anyways...the jogging stroller I had for bratchild was of the devil. It weighed approxomately 900 lbs and had a stationary front wheel. It was impossible. I gave it to someone I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo, that's awesome! Don't you just feel great after a good run? I need to pick up a jogging stroller for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love my jogging stroller. I didn't jog with it but it looked like I was about to and I liked that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, sometimes it takes a few times before we actually stick to something and finish it!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The idea of running to me is so foreign at this point. I am kind of jealous that you are doing this. I just want to walk normally. I've done the couch to 5k before and loved it! Well, I loved the part that I did. I never saw the 5k. Best of luck. And your Mothers Day post was very precious by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!