Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Friday, July 31, 2009

She's Getting So Big...

Last weekend, I packed up all Tori's 0-3 month clothes. And I cried.

I cried because I remember how small she was just a short while ago. How, when I got her dressed to come home from the hospital, her  newborn-sized sleeper was too big. I had to roll up her sleeves, and her little feet didn't make it to the bottom.


It was a long time before her newborn clothes  got too small, and when they did, I was ecstatic. It was proof that despite all my doubts about my ability to care for her, I was doing something right. She was thriving.

So why is this different?

Because it marks the end of an era. That short period of time when she was mine, all mine, and I didn't have to share her with the world. I cherished every minute of those short months - and I'll never get that time back.

Don't get me wrong.  I love the little person she's turning into. She has such a personality now...it's amazing to watch her come to life.

But I can't help but wish time would slow down. Soon she'll be crawling. Then walking. And before long, she'll be running for the school bus. It will all be exciting, and I can't wait to share those adventures with her.

Well, actually I can. Wait, I mean. I'd  rather she stay my snuggly little Tori Bug for just a little longer... but you can't stop time (unless you're a superhero). It really does go fast, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I know, I know! I can't believe I have a nine-month-old who thinks she is ready to take on the world. The future is so exciting, with all of the milestones to come, but I do miss my snuggly little newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest baby is going into kindergarten next week. Every milestone is bittersweet. You'd think after 5 1/2 years I'd realize that and not get all teary-eyed when they come up. But, alas, I haven't figured out where the "Stop getting all blubbery" button is in my psych-y.

    I did get her to promise last week (during a snuggle session) that she would always be my snuggle-bug. "Even when you're teenager?" She said, "Yes, momma. I promise." We'll see if she holds up her end of the bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WuxjyT tnhsbgeukrhz, [url=http://wganoqncznqw.com/]wganoqncznqw[/url], [link=http://isbzbfqyrcga.com/]isbzbfqyrcga[/link], http://vjzqovwywmkp.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!