Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Monday, September 28, 2009

Help End the Silence.

Today, instead of taking up this space with the trivialities of my own life, I'd like to ask all of you to do a favor for me. Take the two or three minutes you'd normally spend here and go visit Violence Unsilenced.

Every week, women who have lived through terrible, terrible acts of violence bare their souls and their stories on this blog. The topics range from emotional and physical abuse to child molestation and even rape. Each story is unique - but they all have one thing in common.

These women are true Survivors. Super heroes, even. And they're brave enough to share their pain with us in an effort to end the silence around violence against women—one story at a time. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that these sorts of crimes are epidemic in this country (and across the globe). But, just in case you need a reminder, here's a video put together by the moderators of Violence Unsilenced.



Help tear down the wall of silence and shame that separates these women from the rest of the world. Visit Violence Unsilenced, support the survivors and share the link with everyone you know. After all, if they can find the strength to talk about it, you can find it in yourself to listen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!