Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Polyester is Evil.

I just got back from a brief shopping attempt at Kohls. See, I have to go back to work next week, and I still have no clothes that fit (again, I curse ice cream to hell and back).

Anyway, I combed every rack in the freaking store, and you know what I found? A bunch of polyester. Heavy polyester dresses. Shiny polyester shirts. Polyester pants. Polyester skirts. Polyester capris. Even polyester shorts!

Mind you, it's summer. In Southern Indiana. Meaning the temperature hovers around 90, and the humidity? It's usually somewhere in the disgustingly gross to the good-lord-don't-even-step-outside range. And they want us to wear non-breathable, swamp ass inducing polyester from head to toe?

I don't think so.

This is one of those times when I really, really, really, really miss living in a real city. With real stores, featuring real selection - in something other than polyester. As it is, I think I'll be making a road trip sometime this weekend.

After all, I may be fat, but I still have my pride. I'm going to look good if it kills me (or burns a hole in my credit card).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!