Home about Archives Contact
    Amber Page Writes

Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Cow, I'm a Mommy.

Victoria Isabel entered the world on Friday, April 3, at 11:07 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs, 4 oz, and is 19 inches long. She's got the full complement of fingers and toes, beautiful blue eyes, and a whole heck of a lot of hair.

And she's totally stolen my heart.

There are about ten million blog posts I need to write...about the actual surgery (so much less traumatic than I thought it would be), the hospital stay (I wish I could take a nurse home with me) and the countless frustrations we're already dealing with (who knew a baby could sleep too much!).

But as I sit here in my hospital bed with her wrapped up like a burrito and snoozing peacefully on my lap, I'm simply too overwhelmed by the flood of emotion filling me to try be clever, or funny, or smart.

It sounds trite, I know, but nothing could have prepared me for the depth and the ferocity of the love I feel for this perfect little person. She staked her claim on my soul with her very first cry, and now, a little less than 84 hours later, I can't even put into words how completely she has wrapped herself around the core of my being.

For crying out loud, I sound like the cheesiest of all cheesy Hallmark cards! I'd blame it on the sleep deprivation, but that's how I really feel.

There are a lot of things I don't know right now. I can't even begin to fathom how challenging the next few weeks are going to be.  I'm sure I'm going to make a lot of mistakes - and that I'm going to doubt my mothering abilities on more than a few occasions.

But nothing has ever felt so right as the way she feels curled up against my chest. And nothing has ever tugged on my heart quite so much as the sight of Brian chattering away to her as she sits snuggled in the crook of his elbow.

I'm a Mommy now. A Mommy. How amazing is that?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have been following your blog for a bit now, and thought I would come out of the shadows and say hello. Victoria is a great name by the way. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3dCVd9 dezogazgmlgb, [url=http://czzslfdncvka.com/]czzslfdncvka[/url], [link=http://uyuuctqmqrmi.com/]uyuuctqmqrmi[/link], http://dbyxsasiaodv.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feed my blogging habit and leave me a comment! Oh, and if you do me a favor and make sure your email isn't blocked, we can keep this conversation from being one-sided!